~ ADVICE FROM 1550+ beach weddings experience, so HEED ~
We cannot emphasize this enough....Nothing ruins ALL your wedding photos like the hair/bangs of a bride (or the daughter or mom or a bridesmaid) hair flapping loose, unpinned, unsprayed in your face due to wind whipping because:
- It absolutely WILL flop in your eyes and face nonstop - always
- Then you have a large, hairy "squid" covering your face in pics!
- Frustrated women tend to SCOWL in pics
- all the poses HAVE to be in the same direction, same background, same order, no creativity, no variations and some GREAT poses are impossible... cuz loose-hair-ladies must face the wind only
TIPS TO PREVENT THIS:REMEMBER, it is WHIPPING WINDY at the beach 90% of the time! If the forecast says wind speed is above 5 mph, then fix your hair tightly which means:
- BASIC: at least wear a decorated or simple headband with hairspray
- BETTER: use bobby pins, combs, flowers, braids, and hairspray a lot
- BEST for D.I.Y.: TON of strong hairspray, plus pins, plus ponytail elastics, plus gel/hairwax and lots MORE HAIRSPRAY
- BEST OF ALL: hire a pro hairdresser to style it right AND who has experience with beach weddings, PLUS insist on tons of hairspray.
And another BIG FYI:
WEAR your biggest and SHINY JEWELRY. This is a wedding...its special...and these are your once-in-a-lifetime wedding photos. So at least borrow some pearls, or a "big" necklace, wear shinier, nicer earrings, AND put on a nice bracelet. Strapless or sundresses: look awkward & VERY strange without showy bling at neckline. Seriously, you look washed out, blah, bland, lifeless, and worse....it gives a vague hint of not really wanting to do this, like you didn't care...SO wear your showy bling, ladies! REALLY!
Hope this helps!
Hope this helps!