~ ADVICE FROM 1550+ beach weddings experience, so HEED ~
Margo cannot emphasize this enough...Nothing ruins your wedding photos like the hair/bangs of a bride (or the daughter or mom or a bridesmaid) flapping loose, unpinned, unsprayed in your eyes and mouth due to wind whipping because:
- It absolutely WILL flop in your eyes when windspeed is 9+mph - always
- Now you have a large, hairy "squid" covering your face in pics!
- Frustrated, clawing, hair flipping people SCOWL in pics
- all the after poses HAVE to be in the same direction, same background, no creativity, no variations and some GREAT poses are impossible... cuz loose-hair-ladies must face the wind only. Seriously... Margo's photos totally rock... don't cut yourself off from that!
TIPS TO PREVENT THIS:REMEMBER, it is WHIPPING WINDY at the beach 90% of the time! If the forecast says wind speed is above 9 mph, then fix your hair tightly which means:
- BASIC: at least wear a decorated or simple headband with hairspray
- BETTER: use bobby pins, combs, flowers, braids, and hairspray a lot
- BEST for DIY.: TON of strong hairspray, plus pins, plus combs or barrettes, a tiara, flowers, plus gel/wax and lots MORE HAIRSPRAY!
- BEST OF ALL: hire a pro hairdresser to style it right AND who has experience with beach weddings, PLUS insist on tons of hairspray.
- This is true for short hair men too! High wind means he has Alfalfa sprouts or a large divot in his head in photos. USE LOTS OF HAIRSPRAY!TONS!
And another BIG FYI:
WEAR your biggest and SHINY JEWELRY. This is a wedding...its one time only special...and these are your once-in-a-lifetime wedding photos. So at least borrow some pearls, or a "big" necklace, wear shinier, nicer earrings, AND put on a nice bracelet. Strapless or sundresses: look VERY strange and bland without showy bling at neckline. Seriously, you look washed out, blah, bland, lifeless, and bluntly...it gives a vague visual hint of not really wanting to do this or dress up for this, as if you don't care, kinda slap-dash...SO wear your showy bling, ladies! REALLY! Even simple string of costume pearls is great!
Hope this helps! 💖
Hope this helps! 💖